Friday, September 4, 2009

AN INDIAN SOLDIER


Last night as I lay sleeping
I died.... or so it seemed,
Then I went to heaven
But only in my dream

Up there St Peter met me
Standing at the Pearly Gates,
He said, "I must check your record...
Please stand here and wait."

He turned and said "Your record
Is covered with terrible flaws,
On earth I see you rallied
For every losing cause."

I see that you drank alcohol,
smoked and partied too,
Fact is, you've done everything
A good person should never do.

We can't have people like you up here...
Throughout your life all you did was hear,
You carried out orders without pausing to think.
You never asked for instructions in ink.

Then he read the last of my record
Took my hand and said, "Come in."


You stood in isolated places and shivered alone
You left your kith, kin, hearth and home
You come from an unresponsive, ungrateful nation
You were denied your rights by every Pay Commission

He led me up to the Chief of Heaven ...
"Take him in and treat him well",
He has served in the Indian Military ...
He's done his time in hell.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be a sharp edged weapon......
    be a sugar coated bitter pill while giving your views, specially on 'Indian Army'. I
    know you are true but truth is also bitter to digest.

    ReplyDelete